Saturday, November 03, 2007
Laura at Laura Williams' Musings won the Preschoolers busy book and Mr. Teddy.
Erin at Just Some of My Scrap won the Great Craft book.
Eden at Once Upon A Dream won the knitting book.
Congrats to all. This was the first giveaway I have ever done. It was fun, once I figured out the most efficient way to draw names.
Friday, November 02, 2007
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Tuesday, October 02, 2007
Not quite this short. I've been letting it grow ya know. So a little longer version of this. Lots of choppy layers and great color to accentuate those layers. I think it will be a great autumn change. If it goes well I'll post a pic of myself with the new do.
I don't know if I'm brave enough to do a before and after.
Now if there was just some way to make my face and body look that young and tone with out breaking the bank. Oh and with out scary surgery. Yuck!
Friday, September 28, 2007
Why did God make Mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.
How did God make Mothers?
1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.
What ingredients are Mothers made of ?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nicein the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.
Why did God give you your Mother & not some other Mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.
What kind of little girl was your Mom?
1. My Mom has always been my Mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.
What did Mom need to know about Dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?
Why did your Mom marry your Dad?
1. My Dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My Grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.
Who's the boss at your house?
1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because Dad's such a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than Dad.
What's the difference between Moms & Dads?
1 . Moms work at work and work at home & Dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but Moms have all the real power, cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's house.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.
What does your Mom do in her spare time?
1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.
What would it take to make your Mom perfect?
1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.
If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
Friday, September 21, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Monday, August 20, 2007
There was chai, one of my favs, chapstick, a spatula, a couple of towels, a great chicken magnet and see that little brown box? It had(notice it's past tense) some wonderful chocolate covered toffee confection in it. Super yummy! Thanks goes out to my swap buddy Stephanie.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Monday, August 06, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
Our system is a five step filter system. As you can see filter 1 and 2 our just plain gross. The filters are somewhere between a year and a half and two years.
All that brown stuff is what's pulled out of our water on a daily basis. Think about that the next time you turn on your faucet for a little tap water.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Friday, June 08, 2007
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Now one of the shops in my area actually has everything computerized. So, when I first starting taking my stuff there I was making a nice little spending income from selling my stuff. I'll admit that I usually ended up buying stuff at the shop. So, most of the time I would just get a credit towards my purchase. Pretty cool not to have to dig out the checkbook for a purchase. But recently this shop sold and the new owners aren't so great about the book keeping. I'm wondering how tough can it be? It's all computerized!
Anyway, I went in the other day because I had taken an item in a few months back and I knew it had sold within the first couple of weeks of being there but I hadn't received a check for it. So, I asked about my account balance and was told I had a negative balance because I hadn't had anything sell and my yearly fee had come due. So, I was told, Oh it must have sold after it's cut off time. Hmm, really? So, I went on to say that I knew it had sold early on and maybe they should check again. Then after much searching on the computer and hem hawing I was told that "oh, I remember now, it sold but then was returned because it didn't work." Reeeaaallly, because we checked and made sure it was functioning properly before we brought it in. Hmmm, well, I really don't know what to tell you. So, I said " How about I want to close my account thank you very much". I then got the run around that they didn't know how to make the computer delete my account so they couldn't close it out. But I wouldn't be charged the yearly fees that are going to continue to pile up in there.
So, That really burns my butt! It won't keep me from resaling but I will be more careful about where I take my stuff to sell it.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Oh My Stinkin Heck, Memoirs of a Farm Wife, Roosterhen Diaries, Rurality to name just a few. I've been looking at chicken coops trying to figure out what will work for us and what everyone else thinks is the "perfect" coop. I've been researching types of chickens trying to find the ones that are good egg layers, as well as, looking for the niceness factor. I don't want to hate them once I get them. So, as usual, it's taking me forever. I take a while to make major decisions. So, if you know anything about chickens leave me a comment. I like choices, so I need lots of information!
Monday, March 26, 2007
Friday, March 16, 2007
And this is my craftyness. The first pic is of the bag before felting. It's hard to tell in the pictures but it was much bigger and less fuzzy pre-felting.