Monday, December 22, 2008

What to do with all these eggs......

So, we are getting a lot of eggs. Every other day is an eight egg day with the days in between providing 3-4 eggs. They are still on the small to medium size but for a family of four it's a lot of eggs. I'm giving my Aunt a dozen whenever she needs them, she's teaching me how to play the piano (we both think we are getting the better end of the deal, LOL). Once they pickup in size I have a friend at the library who is anxiously waiting to buy some.

In the meantime, I've got to figure out what to do with all these eggs.

Last night I made a spinach, bacon and potato frittata and it was enjoyed by everyone but G (he's seven, okay almost eight and still pretty picky). Tomorrow will be a cookie baking day, I'm quite sure I'll use up several for that.

I requested a few egg cookbooks from my library. Hopefully I will be inspired!

Maybe this will help.

4 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm sending you a super easy brownie recipe that takes 6 eggs. These are the brownies I take to the post office.

If you get completely inundated, sell them to the local firehouse; firefighters in this berg fix big breakfasts every day!

Gail said...

Momma always said be careful what you ask for...

Mim said...

Lori: Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try it. I'll keep the firehouse in mind. Thanks for the tip.

Gail: I know, I know. I'm not complaining, I couldn't wait for those eggs to get here now I just have to figure out what to do with all of them. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Yup, gail is right! :) Hey, I have an idea! Send some Marcee's way!! :)