Thursday, August 28, 2008

A visit from a friend

Today was a great day! A friend of mine came to visit. This friend and I usually get together about every five weeks. Much less than I would like but she has a life, I have a life, you get the idea. She said she was coming to visit me but, I'm pretty sure she really came for the chickens. Here's the evidence:



Here chick, chick!


Here girls, come eat the yummy chick feed.


Rooster, would you like to come up in my hand?



Doubling her odds.


Have you guessed who this friend is?




It's frugalmom. This was her favorite chick. She's the most friendly and calm of the bunch. Look at how happy she is, I mean frugalmom. She needs some birds of her own and some llamas and maybe a goat and a few donkeys. Yeah, that sounds good to me.


While frugalmom was here she taught all the good girls and boy how to be bad. She is a bad influence!

6 comments:

Miss said...

LOL What a great friend!!! Did you at least give her little G a Mt. Dew and Snickers bar for the road?? hee hee
Ya know, I know a guy that could hook her up with some all-but-raised RIRs .... real cheap!!! ;-)

frugalmom said...

Ha. Miss....G wasnt with me! The chicks were the sweetest! I am in love with them....the little roo, he was so calm and gentle(hopefully he'll stay that way)..I didnt mind at all when he decided to climb up and sit on my shoulder....

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm very impressed! Kissin' llamas and cuddling chicks!! Who is this person?! She seems so different from the gal I first "met" a year ago! And don't worry, buffs are the sweetest birds ever, big or small! :)

cinnamongirl93 said...

Sounds like you both had a great visit together. The chicks are looking great. Just think......Fresh eggs! Nothing better than that!

Mim said...

Miss: Nope he wasn't with her. I think she may wait a while longer for her birds.

Marc: You were great with my babies. As always! I sure hope "Rooster" stays as nice as he is right now.

Farm Mom: She just keeps growin'!

Barbara: We did, we always do. It sucks when your best girlfriend lives so far away but, we make the best of it. I can't wait till next spring and the first eggs!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! I saw the video!!! I saw the video!!! LOL!! :)