Monday, August 11, 2008

RIP Tiny




We lost a chick today. I had noticed she was smaller than all the rest. Then I started noticing she was sleeping a lot, not eating or drinking. I moved her into the Chick ICU(an ice cream bucket in the brooder). It was just slowly going down hill, I emailed a wise chicken lady, who has been giving me advice and info on this road to chickendom. She gave me the sad news that Tiny was more than likely not going to make it. Around 3:00 today she passed. She was a good little chick. I hope we made her as comfortable as possible while she was with us.

5 comments:

frugalmom said...

Poor little chick.

Anonymous said...

So sorry, mim. Just look at that box full of life though, my friend! You did your best, and the rest of your fluffballs are proof of your excellent care!

Mim said...

Thanks girls!

Danni said...

Oh no...poor Tiny. You did such a good job caring for her, though...sometmes, that's just the way. Sorry, though. And I like what Angie said...that box IS full of life! :-)

Mim said...

Thanks Danni. It was tough but still a good experience starting out. I think it will help my G understand better that death can happen. He hasn't really had to experience that yet, until now.