Thursday, January 08, 2009

Eggs, Chickens And Butter

Hmm, the title of this post could be some kind of recipe. But it's not.


This site makes me happy everyday. Even if it's dark and gray.



This was a total surprise. The egg wasn't huge or really even largish. But I cracked it open and out popped a double.



He is just so handsome and shiny.



Some of the girls outside for some scratch. Hmmm, what's that over there on the left?



A closer look, I notice this occasionally on different girls. Hmmm, I think someones been taking a ride?



Here's the Butter part of this post. Here she is in sit and stay mode, trying really hard to stay.

And this is what happens when she's in sit and stay and I squat down to try to take a picture at a different angle.
And this is her trying to give me and the camera a great big kiss. This picture is sooo Scooby- Doo to me


7 comments:

Gail said...

I can hear your peacefulness!

shy_smiley said...

Because I live in the desert I only dream of the kind of life you lead. I could keep chickens if my homeowners association would allow it. I've always wanted goats, too. I've got the dog and your Butter reminds me a lot of my Cassie. In the meantime, I do a lot of My Farm on facebook. Not quite the same.

Mim said...

Gail: I'm so glad it's showing.

Shy: Yes, but you have wild Javelina's that visit. That's pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

great pics Mim! I love that goofy smile on the pooch, our Ginger does the same thing. Too cute!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I love that last pic too. Frame it!

frugalmom said...

Ha! A big Butter kiss. Thats funny.

Mim said...

Ang: Thanks, I know she is such a goof.

Lori: I may just have to do that.

Marc: Yeah, it's funny until she get's you right in the mouth or nose, then not so funny. ;0)