Monday, October 13, 2008

2 Busy 2 blog!

Seems like just yesterday I told someone I would be posting about the chickens and three weeks later here I am, no chicken post. So sad! I've been busy! Soccer, Scouting, Christian Women's Conference, Illness, House guests, Consultation with a surgeon and now on the horizon is a birthday party for our newest nephew and our #1 son.

Boo will be 1 and #1 son will be *gasp, 12. How did that happen? It seems like just yesterday I was holding his tiny body in my arms. Now he's almost as tall as me(really not saying much, I'm a shorty) But he's counting down the days til 12, he gets to set up front in the van(or so he thinks). He's checking at least every other day to see if he's grown. Slow down I say, it goes by so fast! Just yesterday I was pushing you in a stroller, just yesterday I was teaching you to tie your shoes, just yesterday I kissed your boo-boo's, just yesterday you held my hand to walk into the store, just yesterday you cozied and cuddled with me, oh what will tomorrow bring? Serious talks, razors and hair gel? Girlfriends and cars? Heartbreaks and scars. Lord please protect him as he grows, please protect my heart.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh. you made me sniffle. happy birthday to your big boy who will always be your little one. (they just have to be, darn it!)

lovely post. thank you.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Makes me smile. When Brian was growing, we ticked it off on the garage wall. When we left that house, I was sure to take a photo. Intention: to print, frame, and hang, of course. In my spare time...

I am SO waiting for to read about you and FrugalMom in the passenger seat of your cars, in 3 years...heh heh hehhhh

Mim said...

Steph: You are welcome, I started the post just thinking I would jot down a few things about my busyness. It turned into something quite different. LOL

Lori: That is soooo not funny! I'm really not looking forward to that time. In a car not in control with someone who's not in control! No, seriously I think he will be fine. He's already gotten a few lessons in Grandpa's old truck. ;0)

cinnamongirl93 said...

Time passes so quickly. It's hard to believe your kids are maturing so fast.
That's part of life I guess. Make sure to enjoy each and every moment. It's all good, I promise!
Happy birthday to your son!

Miss said...

SIGH......nothing more, just that! ;-)

Danni said...

Consultation with a surgeon? I hope everything's ok...
Our babies grow up so quickly and there's just not a thing we can do about it other than enjoy the journey. Oh and wish on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis for their continued safety, health and happiness!

Mim said...

Barbara: I know it just flies by. Thanks for the bday wish.

Miss: Right there with ya Babe, SIGH!

Danni: Yes a surgery is in my near future. Everything is good though.
I just try to hand my worry over to God in all things. That's hard sometimes. LOL