That's what I've been concentrating on lately. Not actually putting it into practice, so much as, figuring out how to do it. My counselor and I have been discussing it. It's what she suspicions is behind the depression. So, my homework was to make a list of ten things that I could do, that would be "self-care" for me. It was hard for me to come up with ten things but I did and here it is.
1. Exercise- I know that I feel so much better when I get into a routine of this-I just need to do it
2. Read a book- Sounds simple, right? But for me just taking that time for myself is hard
3. Take a knitting class- this is tough because I have to go out of town to take one and I have to come up with the money to take it
4. Piano Lessons- this one I really want, because it is absolutely just for me. So, we are trying to figure out if we can swing it within our budget
5. Manicure/Pedicure- I've not actually had either before but it seems very indulgent to me
6. Massages- I love these
7. Raise Chickens-This one is tough on two levels, first I have to get everyone on board with me, i.e. Husband. Second it costs money!
8. Crafting- I love to craft-knitting, stamping, making cards, sewing, beading. Love, love, love it.
9. Knitting for me-I hesitate to knit things for myself. I tend to knit for others
10. Buy fresh flowers regularly-Especially in the winter months
The hardest part of this is that I'm supposed to do these things even when I feel like I'm not doing my stuff around the house. So, what do you do for Self-care? And how do you feel about doing those things if you aren't fulfilling your other responsibilities?